40's

40's

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thank God for hair gel...

I sometimes try to say "Thank goodness" instead of "Thank God," but it just doesn't have quite the same effect. Plus, I think it is OK if you really mean it. In this case, I really mean it. Thank God for hair gel! No matter how I feel in the morning, slicking on a dime-sized dollop (and on really dishevelled days, a quarter-sized dollop) makes me feel instantly put together. It's like a shot of adrenaline. I feel ready and excited to dance. Patrick even uses it before he goes to work. I will never be one of those dancers who can roll right out of bed and come to class in a ratty t-shirt with my hair all out of sorts. I've tried this before because sometimes I think those dancers look really cool, but it just doesn't work for me. A few weeks ago, my trainer gave me such a hard workout before class that I didn't even have the energy to change into a leotard or slick my hair before barre. Everyone looked at me like I must be about to keel over because that is just so out of character for me. I think they were genuinely concerned! Don't worry, I whipped out the Dep in between barre and center, so all was right with the world again. My Dep really helps me through those long, exhausting days. It is like a reset button on my energy level. As I am writing this, I am realizing how ridiculous it sounds...


I am also going to have to give an honorable mention to my minty lip gloss. This is step number 2 of operation "Ellen Feeling Put Together." ...................................................................................... (Sorry, I was having writers block so I needed to pause for a lip gloss application)...........................................................The moral of the story is that if you see me whip out my beauty products in between classes, try not to judge me as being vain. I probably just needed a little pick-me-up.

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile. but you are also making me look bad so I must catch up in the blogapalooza!!

    ReplyDelete