40's

40's

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Saving green... uh, I mean... Going green!

I am very cheap green. Here are a few ways that my husband and I have avoided spending money on un-fun things gone green:


 

1. I reused all of our wedding gift bags for my family's Christmas presents. Love is ALWAYS a good theme, no matter what the season...so what if there are pictures of brides, grooms, and diamond rings on the bags to symbolize that?






2. Patrick and I reuse our old water bottles to bring wine with us in my purse to the movies. Why throw away a perfectly good water bottle just to use another cup at the theater?!? If we are bringing the water bottle anyway, we might as well put wine in it...





3. I like to be sure that I squeeze every ounce of potential out of my socks. It is important not to be wasteful...











4. We've kept the hideously ugly bushes in the front of our house. It is important to keep plant life around because...you know...for lots of reasons...

 


5. Patrick likes to give Louise haircuts himself. We are pretty sure that those grooming places use excessive amounts of water while bathing the animals, so we prefer to use as little water as possible at home.




 

Why waste resources and spend money on gift bags, landscaping, wine, socks, and grooming when you can spend it on diamonds and jewelry help save the environment!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment