40's

40's

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A very happy (and slightly less ugly) birthday!!!

On my actual birthday, I woke up after Patrick had already left for work, and plopped down in front of the computer with my coffee (per my usual routine). This is what I saw...
Then, I had a long day of work at SLU, during which my co-workers brought me some cute mini cupcakes, and a cute mini card! Next, I rushed over to the dance studio to teach, and my wonderful sweet girls brought me funfetti cupcakes, balloons, and cards!

After a long great day, I arrived home to find Patrick and Louise hiding behind the counter to surprise me with my un-birthday cake. We are not really cake-people, so we prefer un-birthday cakes. This year's was a YoMyGoodness yogurt un-cake with trick candles.
Sidenote, trick candles are the scariest things I have ever encountered. Every time I blew them out, a mini explosion would ensue to light them again. Not fun. Only scary. 
 

The next evening, Patrick and I went out to Ellen's Birthday Dinner #1 to debut my new highlights (step 1 of getting out of my ugly phase).
I decided to get a cute, fun drink instead of my usual Chardonnay, in honor of being slightly less ugly.

The next day consisted of Dance Extravaganza. After a great morning ballet class and a productive day at work, Patrick and I sat front row of the Fox Theatre watching as Paula David taught the warm-up ballet class to Alvin Ailey. Kind of a big deal...  Next, we met Erin and promptly moved the the last row (yes, literally the last row) of the theater to watch them perform. In case you don't believe me, here is a photo of us in our seats. There is nothing behind us but a marble wall...

The next day, Patrick and I shopped til we dropped and went to Ellen's Birthday Dinner #2 to debut my new spray tan (step 2 of getting out of my ugly phase).

 
I decided to go with an even more fun drink in honor of being even slightly less ugly. I can't even fathom the drink I will order after my manicure!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Remember when we would lay out on your roof. Climbing out of your bedroom window could possibly be consider contortionism in training...it was really really hard. We would also bring a log--yes a LOG--of raw cookie dough for a snack and listen to the "All Saints" or "Monica"...ah..the days. Right after we stole the missalette (i double checked the spelling on google), faked mass attendance, and ate at Suggins. The good ole days...

    ReplyDelete