40's

40's

Thursday, August 26, 2010

15 things I love about my husband, in no particular order...

1. Whenever I fold a load of his laundry, he ALWAYS has a match for EVERY sock! It works out perfectly every time! I don't know why, but I love this about him. He thinks it is weird, too...

2. Whenever I ask him to do something for me, he always (well, usually) says, "Sure!" in an excited tone, rather than, "ughhhh, fine."

3. He has never complained about all the zebra print in our house. Oh yeah...and the leopard spots in the basement (see photo). 


4. Whenever I ask, "Does this outfit look cute or awful?" (yes, those are the only two options), he really looks and considers it, and then offers constructive feedback (if necessary).

5. He buys me jewelry (as a psychologist, I know that positive reinforcement increases the likelihood of a behavior).

6. He comes to EVERY dance performance ALWAYS (even the same one three nights in a row), and then gives me notes afterward...usually complete with a reenactment of some portion of the choreography.

Patrick watching StLDT rehearse "the 40's" with Jim David (President of the Board), Cecil Slaughter (Artist in Residency), and Earl
7. Every morning when he is leaving for work, he whispers to me (still asleep), "I set the alarm for (insert time that I need to wake up), A.M. not P.M., ON not OFF." He knows that otherwise I would have to wake up to ask him, "Did you re-set the alarm? Is it on A.M., not P.M.? Is it ON not OFF?" Needless to say, there has been a slight learning curve to operating our alarm clock.

8. If he does something that makes me laugh, he will repeat it 300 times over the next few days...until it is no longer funny...but I still appreciate the effort.

9. He always fills my wine glass for a little longer after I say, "Stop."

10. He lets me park in the driveway and parks his car on the street. Our garage is reserved for empty boxes from when we moved in...2 years ago. Those extra 10 steps he has to take every day really add up!

11. He gave me our entire bedroom closet for my clothes AND the guestroom closet for my shoes/accessories. He uses a closet in the office. 

12. When I started to get a vein in my bicep from lifting weights, he said "I think it's hot!" when I was freaking out about it. I can be a little vain sometimes (no pun intended).

13. He told everyone at his work when I was hired by StLDT, and he checks the website every day for updates.

14. He is always available to help re-direct me when I get lost or for my panic-stricken phone calls, "QUICK! Do I take 270 North or South!?" He knows that he has no time to ask questions or chit chat because the exit is 1/4 mile away.

15. Part of his password is my birthday. I probably shouldn't have written that...

There are more, but 15 is a good round number...

2 comments:

  1. i LOVVVVEEE this!!!! this is seriously precious! i miss you both and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww love and miss you both!!
    -Eliotte

    ReplyDelete