40's

40's

Monday, August 23, 2010

Go big or go home...

"Go big or go home" is a philosophy that Patrick and I try to live by. Well...we first adopted it in Vegas (it didn't work out very well for us there), but now we try to apply it to the rest of our lives (minus Vegas). Anyway, right now in my life, this means that I am trying to take advantage of as many tools as possible to feed my dancing. The best/worst thing about progress is that it is addictive. The better I get, the better I want to get. Instead of stressing about how much I want to improve, I am trying to stay focused on solutions. This turns any anxiety into excitement for the future. I am currently reading Jason Selk's "10 Minute Toughtness: The Mental Training program for Winning Before the Game Begins." This book outlines his mental training program that he has used on a number of professional athletes, including the St. Louis Cardinals. He started with the Cardinals in 2006 when they won the world series. I don't follow sports very regularly, but I think that is a pretty big deal. I have known Jason for a number of years, and we are planning to adapt his program for the performing arts. I start meeting with him next week to develop my program, and I am excited to get going. I will keep you posted on my progress. My goal is to whip out four pirouettes by January :) I am starting with a personal trainer tomorrow for that, too :) Go big or go home! Once I knock out my 4 pirouettes, I am hoping to work with Jason in teaching other dancers and performing artists the mental training program. That is the life of a dancologist. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment