40's

40's

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bend...and Snap!!!

A much more fun version of the "Bend and Snap"
So I can't move my neck today because of all of the "Bend and Snaps" that my trainer had me do yesterday. (Actually...I think I just slept on it wrong, but it is much cooler when pain is associated with something athletic...plus, it makes for a much better blog entry...) Anyway, some people like to call these "Clean and Jerks", but I think "Bend and Snaps" sounds much cuter. I would MUCH rather Bend and Snap than Clean and Jerk. BTW, this picture is from my bachelorette party, NOT my training session. I promise I don't wear zebra print and heals to the gym. And I promise to never bend and snap in that capacity again... 

Tom from The Boxing Gym is my trainer, and he is awesome. I was nervous for my first session because everyone warned me that I might throw up. If you know me, you know that you should NEVER say something like that to me because my "mind" tends to be much stronger than my "matter". I am happy to say that I didn't throw up, and I can't wait to go back! I even got to throw some punches.
 
"Bending"
"Snapping"
Attempting a 2-hour ballet class afterward was interesting, but I figure that I'd better start building my endurance to dance 8 hours per day once the season starts. In the mean time, I will just continue "Bending and Snapping" in training and "bending" and "snapping" in classes and rehearsals. I love being a dancer!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment