40's

40's

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My "Ellen Bag"

If you happen to run into me on the street, you are likely to see me carrying my "Ellen Bag" filled with enough clothing and materials to last for a week vacation. It is called my "Ellen Bag" because it is a bag, and it has my name monogrammed on the side in pink letters. Yes, I know that I am not in the 3rd grade, but if it didn't have my name on it, it would just be my "bag." That is much less exciting.

Anyways, my "Ellen Bag" is heaviest on Wednesdays because it has to get me through 4 wardrobe changes (not including P.J.'s)...

Outfit #1: I begin the day in my workout clothes for my personal training session. This usually consists of whatever I can find the fastest in the morning. When I wake up, I like to ease into the day with about 30 minutes of bagel/coffee/internet time and 30 minutes of getting ready time. This usually turns into about 57 minutes of bagel/coffee/internet time and about 3 minutes of getting ready time, so I have to make the best of those 3 minutes. This means that I am typically still pretty disheveled by the time I get to Tom. Luckily, my "Ellen Bag" comes to the rescue for my next wardrobe change.

Outfit #2: After my training session with Tom, I heave myself over to the elevator up the stairs to the 3rd floor for class. Next, I put on my attire for ballet and jazz class. Luckily, these articles don't take up very much valuable space in my "Ellen Bag." I could basically fold my dance outfits into a ball with about a 2-inch diameter. Oh, I almost forgot! This is the part of my day where my hair gel has its big moment.

Outfit #3: As soon as class is over, I tote my "Ellen Bag" with me into the bathroom and emerge as "Psychologist Ellen!". Now in my "real person clothes," I race to the elevator stairs, trot (yes, literally trot... it is difficult to run with my "Ellen bag") out of the building and down Olive Blvd to the parking garage. I jump in my car and make my way to Saint Louis University.

Outfit #4: Once I am finished with my "ologist" duties for the day, I hop back in my car and make my way to the studio where I teach. Once there, my "Ellen Bag" and I make our way to the back through a very narrow hallway lined with observing parents, taking care not to knock them with my bag (this is often unsuccessful). When I finally get to the bathroom, I change into my 4th and final outfit of the day, my teacher clothes. This is similar to Outfit #2, but less polished and more covered up.

After a long day with many wardrobe changes and multiple deodorant applications, I finally make it home at 10 pm. I empty the contents of my "Ellen Bag" onto the living room floor into the laundry hamper and grab a glass of wine. The End.

1 comment:

  1. "This is the part of my day where my hair gel has its big moment." You are HILARIOUS! My mom and I LOE your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete