40's

40's

Friday, November 12, 2010

The new normal

I went to an "ologist" meeting today, and it was brought up that once someone's life takes either a positive or negative turn, he or she will eventually "reset" their normal so that the positive no longer seems so positive and the negative no longer seems so negative. This is great for the negative side of things, but this is discouraging for the positive side of things. The worst part is that we move 3 times faster to the "new normal" when a positive change occurs than when a negative change occurs! That sucks!

I still haven't hit my "new normal" in terms of my life with StLDT. I am still just as excited and happy as I was when I received the phone call from Paula David and Cecil Slaughter saying that I got in the company. I have always been a happy person, but I can honestly say that I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Aside from the excitement of being a part of such an amazing new venture, the fact that I have worked so hard and devoted everything I have to something is the most gratifying. In my interview for the November "In Step" newsletter, I said that I have so much fun with the process that the product seems like a bonus. The process is not always easy (actually it's never easy--and if it is, it means that you'd better start moving toward the next level), but it is so much fun and so rewarding. Different or bigger and better products will come and go and their novelty will soon wear off, but the process will always be there for you. I think this is the key to maintaining the positive of positive things...Love the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment