40's

40's

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A little bit of "ology"

"We do not always remember our past selves accurately--as we once were. Research suggests that people can falsely recall aspects of their past selves in line with current beliefs and expectations of who they think they once were and who they are now" (Newman & Lindsay, 2009).

In that case...
  • I was never mean to my little brothers.
  • I never gained the Freshman 15. (In case you were wondering, there will be no pictures associated with this blog post.)
  • I always showed my appreciation for my parents, and never said things like, "Thanks for ruining my life!" when I wasn't allowed to go to a party sans parents.
  • I never thought that the phrase was "for all intensive purposes."
  • I never skipped classes in college to hang out with Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment